The rapid advancement of technology has opened up new opportunities for small and medium businesses. Even a few years ago, it would have been impossible to imagine technology, social media, and particularly mobile and web apps altering the face of businesses. But now, it is the norm. Mobile apps have now become more of a necessity than a luxury for most companies and businesses. A company can reach out to clients better and see an increase in revenue, all thanks to a mobile app.
The Linux operating system supports Android, a popular computing platform that has revolutionized the smartphone market. Having an Android application for a business helps companies interact and engage with clients like never before.
Having an Android application for your business has become so mainstream that clients nowadays actually expect you to have a native app. So, to stand out in the market and beat the competition, having an Android application for your business is a must.
What is an Android app?
Simply said, an Android app is a software application that runs on the Android platform. This is why Android apps can run only on mobile devices like smartphones and tablets.
Any device powered by Google’s Android platform can host and run an Android application. Google Playstore was formerly named Android market and hosts all Android apps. Android apps are also available on the Amazon Appstore and are supported by several devices.
Most Android apps can be downloaded for free from Google Playstore, while some are premium apps that charge users for every download. Some apps also follow a freemium business model, while free apps earn by generating revenue via Google.
How can Android Application help your business grow?
From the above discussion, we have established a strong case for having an Android application for your business, and why this might be the simplest and easiest way to be at the top of your game.
In case you are still not convinced, here are 10 ways in which an Android application can help your business thrive.
- Makes your business more visible: Smartphones have become so popular all over the world now that studies show an average person in the US spends at least 2 hours daily surfing their phones.
Smartphones are more convenient than desktop computers, as we can carry them in our pockets and bags, and use them while commuting to work, doing household chores or even while working out.
Android apps help you leverage this convenience to increase your sales and market yourself more effectively to clients. You build a mobile app that clients can download on their phones, you can send them notifications or advertise your products to them at all times of the day. You can follow the digital marketing strategy and improve the app analytics on search engines.
You can also sell your products and services on your app, and clients can make a purchase from anywhere, be it in their office or at the bus stop. Mobile apps allow you to engage with clients remotely.
- Market your services more directly: A mobile app can help your business acquire information about clients, and leverage them accordingly to sell your products and services to the target audience.
Since most people carry their smartphones with them at all times, their smartphones can reveal a lot of information about their geographical location and demographics. You can accordingly use this information to show your clients only those services and products that might interest them. When the things you offer piques a clients’ interest, they are more likely to make a purchase.
Showing special offers, promotions, news feeds and features caters to a client’s individual needs and thus helps your business grow.
- Provide more value to clients: Since people have their smartphones with them at all times, mobile apps can be a great way to interact with clients and cater to their individual needs.
Mobile apps can send area-sensitive push notifications to clients when they are physically close to your store, and in all probability, some clients will walk in to check out the products and services you offer. Once the client checks out what you have to offer and makes a purchase, you can send a thank-you note to your client via the app, thus strengthening the client-business relationship.
You can also do away with traditional reward programs and involve your clients in a digital loyalty program.
- Helps build brand image: Billboards are outdated nowadays. With people being glued to their smartphones all the time, nobody even reads a fancy billboard. So, instead of spending your money to make a billboard for your business, invest in building a mobile app.
When you build an interactive app with an easy-to-use user interface, you increase your chances of being seen and liked by clients. When you have an online presence, clients are more likely to see your business more frequently and in due time, make a purchase.
- Helps you engage with customers: It is a rule of thumb that if your business is unreachable, you can lose your clients. In this day and age of technological advancements, the most effective way to reach your clients is through mobile apps.
You can also have features to address customer grievances on your app. You can build a feedback tab on your mobile app where customers can post their suggestions, complaints and feedback. This will help you improve your business and also make clients feel valued.
- Mobile apps complement a website: Although websites are a great way to reach out to clients, they cannot replace the two-way communication offered by a mobile app.
To open a website, a customer has to open a browser and type in the URL of the website they plan to visit. A mobile app does away with this hassle, and once downloaded on the phone, can be easily opened and used.
A website can attract new clients to your company, and a mobile app can help boost customer loyalty.
- Beat the competition: Since mobile apps are so convenient and easy to use, you can stay at the top of the game and beat peers by using an attractive app with built-in features.
When customers find it easy to make a purchase with just a tap on their smartphones, they are more likely to prefer your business than others who do not offer this facility.
- Increases customer loyalty: There are two ways to do this, First, by selling quality products to customers at an affordable price. Second, by constantly reminding your clients about your presence and the services you offer.
A business thrives when they follow both these strategies. There is an overwhelming amount of advertising nowadays in the form of banners, flyers, flashing signs, and social media marketing. Having a mobile app to advertise your services will cut down the noise and help you reach customers effectively.
- A social media platform for your business: It is human nature to read reviews and seek peer feedback when buying a product or availing of a service. When you have features such as in-app messaging and photo-sharing, you enable customers to interact with each other, and thereby, increase sales.
You can also allow signing into your app via popular social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. This too will add to your business’s social media presence.
- Easy innovation and customization: Android is a globally accepted platform that offers easy innovations and customizations for your app. When you want to target a particular customer base with your services and products, building a native Android application will be helpful. There are several phases you should follow when you hire android app developers for your business.
With the flexibility and versatility of the platform, you can build both simple and complex based on your business’s requirements. With this platform’s robust OS, you can incorporate as many features as you want in your app.
Besides all the ways in which an Android app helps grow your business, it can also generate more revenue. You can incorporate features and modifications in your app that can turn your app into a revenue-generating mechanism.
You can turn your app into a freemium one, with some free and other paid features. This is a proven strategy to impress customers. You can offer some free features on your app, and if the user likes it, they might purchase the full paid version.
In this day and age, users across the globe are on the internet at all times. This is a huge potential benefit to increase your client base. One way of doing this is by offering your services in different languages. Customers will be more interested in availing your services if you reach out to them in their native tongues.
Reads More: The Power of Video On Your Intranet
Promoting and running in-app advertisements is another way of generating revenue through your app. This is a proven strategy to increase your app’s revenue. However, you should use this strategy in moderation, as it might annoy customers if you bombard them with too many ads.
The Bottom Line
An Android application is like a complimentary feature of a company’s website. Once you have enough clients visiting your website, you can convince them to download your app and offer them more customized services. In due time, this will increase customer loyalty and help your business grow.