An Invespcro blog states that 60% of customers say no at least four times before saying yes. And 80% of sales require over 5 follow-up calls. These are market studies that help corporate people and strategists to seriously pay attention to these facts. These reports or surveys can prove a milestone in figuring out a breakthrough that actually boosts sales when implemented.
The market studies are actually market researches that are an organized effort put to pool information about the target markets and customers, such as who they are and how they respond to prices and revolutionary turning points in the nation and across borders.
Simply put, sales can be discovered if you research carefully & mindfully, communicate effectively, and pursue skills to close a sale.
Market Research Helps to Boost Sales
Here is how market research can help you to boost sales.
1. Find Customers
- Kick-start your research for the customer base. You should start with discovering who your potential customers would be.
- Identify the way from primary or secondary research methods to find new customers for sales and how to prepare marketing plans accordingly.
- Collect insights on their needs, such as what pushes them to buy, what motivates them to buy & what they spend their disposable income on.
2. Think about Your Approach
- For this, you need to catch up with the insight of the collected information in the aforesaid step. Ensure that the details are fresh, verified, and authentic.
- Introspect and find what products or services you can offer to live up to their needs.
- Show confidence & credibility in presenting your products or services.
- Be clear about what want to achieve. Target marketing channels that are the best fit to promote your products.
3. Make Contacts
- Start with creating a sales funnel, which has awareness in the beginning phase. It lets you satisfactorily answer the questions of your customers. This is how you can build trust.
- Understand their needs through the voice of customers, which is feedback or comments. If required, you may get a support from the market research and analysis services
- Offer possible solutions that have the feasibility to satisfy their needs plus values. It is an excellent way to make them interested in you.
- You should be open to listening to their concerns in comments or queries. Try to address them through chatbot, calls, or email support.
- Avoid keeping them waiting for a long time to have a solution.
- Conduct a C-SAT survey or feedback to discover if they are satisfied with what you have served.
4. Filter Specific Customer Needs
- The survey will let you discover what their actual requirements are. Find by exploring them seriously.
- Determine products or services that they request for providing any particular things or services via online surveys, polling, or door-to-door marketing.
- Discover the Appropriate Product or Service
- Find out the range of products that people are interested in. Filter the most commonly requested products/services or offer an experience that can help you exactly meet their needs.
- Possibly, there may have several options to choose from. Select the one and focus on it.
5. Prepare a Strong Sales Strategy
- Under it, you should present your product/services features. Mainly, emphasize the benefits, as to how they can benefit customers.
- Keep your spirit up and high while convincing people to turn into customers.
- Strongly present what makes your products/services stand out from the crowd.
- Prepare yourself to answer the harsh, enthusiastic, or cold reactions.
- Do ready with the use cases that explain the story of your services/product’s success.
- Integrate digital marketing strategies for upselling and cross-selling.
- Again, start with presenting up-to-date and tailored products/services.
- Openly announce with a loud and clear presentation that you have launched what.
6. Engage to Handle Objections
- Possibly, there may have some grudges due to some shortcomings in similar kinds of products/services. Handle them skillfully.
- Be kind, and show proven advantages to leverage as a complementary offer.
- Do take into account that customers’ feedback is vital. Carefully respond to their queries via solutions.
- Now, it’s your turn to consider their views and grudges. Find the solutions & address them.
- Instead of ignoring customers’ concerns, say them aloud and offer solutions to fix the flaw & its impacts.
7. Close the Sale
- Look for the indications that the clients show that they are actually interested in investing in purchases.
- Invite customers to test, try, and then, make a decision to buy.
- Come with offerings to choose from as per estimated purchases.
- Do attend and even address minor issues that are the prime factors interfering with investment decisions.
8. Follow-Up Customers
- Do offer customer support post-purchase via inbound call center support. Fulfill what you have promised to provide.
- Sometimes, the sale does not close. Try to follow up multiple times because it can turn out to be an opportunity.
- Stick to the Customer Relationship Management tool (CRM) for analyzing & profiling customers to segment for conversion.
- Conduct a review to check in with the customer if they are happy with the product or service.
- Convert this review into a remarketing opportunity for more sales.
- Make them your loyal customers by offering discounts or offers.
9. Review the Sales
- Collect information about your sales journey and product performance.
- Measure and map customers’ journey. Attend their feedback and measure your customers’ satisfaction.
- Underline the issues with what you sell. Do fix and improve your sales strategy to come out strongly for an outstanding sale.
- Discover your weaknesses and draw learning, which is really helpful in improving your sales plan or strategy.
Market research can actually help you to boost sales. It requires a lot of work to prepare for identifying your customers’ likes and dislikes, then discovering products/services corresponding to their needs. Then, follow a strong sales strategy using tools like CRM & digital marketing.